IELTS MAXIMUM STUDY GUIDE
The secrets of how to get a great IELTS score without weeks and months of painful studying.
What does this
THIS MANUAL TEACHES THE IELTS TEST
This manual will enable any IELTS test-taker, at any skill level,to improve his or her IELTS score considerablywith only a small effort.
With this step-by-step guide you WILL get a high grade in the IELTS test. This IELTS guide has been the result of several years of observation of the test, the testing system, and the way students respond to the test. This guide has been written by aBRITISH-ENGLISH NATIVE SPEAKER IELTS EXAMINER AND TEACHERand is designed to lead you through the maze of misleading information and bad strategies to which many students are vulnerable.
This is the only IELTS guide available written by an IELTS examiner and IELTS teacher – and who should know better about what is required to get a high grade? The research and observations that led to the creation of this guide have exposed particular weaknesses not previously noticed. Now, you can exploit these weaknesses to achieve the grade you deserve. And it is all available for much less than any of the other fluff-filled “guides” on the market.
This might be the most important letter you read this year
If you want to get the IELTS score you deserve, then stop worrying about whether your ability is “good enough” and start playing the test-taking game, so that you can qualify to start your dream career.
This IELTS test guide has been many months in the making and has been under the constant supervision of the toughest critics possible – my students. Several groups of long-suffering IELTS students have read, used and benefited from the parts of the guide as they were being produced; and many of their suggestions and requests have been included.
So, why is this IELTS manual the best thing since sliced bread?
Here are four very good reasons to believe what I say.
- Reason One:
Academic studies have indicated that study guides do really benefit test-takers. Contrary to what you may read elsewhere. Here are a few quotes from an academic study:
The use of study guides always improves the performance of students …
Study guides were shown to be educationally effective …
There was never a case in which the group whose students received study guides scored lower than the group without study guides …
(If you want to see the whole paper here is the reference: Farnum, M. & Brigham, T.A. (1978). The Use and Evaluation of Study Guides with Middle School Students. Journal of Applied Behaviour Analysis II, 137-144.)
- Reason Two:
So, we know that study guides are useful, but for the IELTS I needed something different, something that would help the students more than just repeating what they could read in other books. When I examined these other study guides I found that they were all more-or-less the same. That is, they were all following the same format and all repeating the same material – with small variations. Twenty to thirty pages of instructions and a couple of hundred pages of unofficial IELTS practice tests. Useless IELTS practice tests. And some of the guides are written by non-native speakers, who would do well to improve their command of the English language before putting their “advice” on paper!
So my first task was to approach the problem from a completely different angle. If the usual IELTS guides are not all that good, then create something new. Seems obvious, doesn’t it! Over the course of several months I started to find patterns to the test answers, in some cases very easy patterns.
- Reason Three:
This manual does not try to teach IELTS, I assume you have already done an IELTS course. Grammar and Usage rules are very valuable, of course, and I guess you have learnt these things. But this is not enough on test day. To do well you need to know how to apply your knowledge in the test situation. This manual TEACHES THE IELTS TEST. This manual will enable any IELTS test-taker, at any skill level, to improve his or her score considerably with only a small effort.
- Reason Four:
This guide is the only product on the market that is written by an IELTS examiner and which emphasises the difference between knowing the material and knowing how to use the material. In creating this book I have designed it to be efficient, easy to use and inexpensive. By using it you are going to save time, money and frustration. I will show you how to avoid the mistakes, how to avoid the bad strategies and how to cope with the stress of IELTS test day.
Yes, that is right. Not only will you learn the best way to approach the IELTS test, you will also find many other important tips and suggestions.
For example: Appendix Two is on how to read faster and more efficiently – saving valuable time in the reading module. Appendix Five is on the psychology of learning, Appendices Three and Four are especially valuable as they contain some real IELTS questions.
So what, exactly, are all the advantages you are going to get?
In this book I will:
- Describe why the IELTS time limits are the main problem for most test takers, and how to steer clear of the many time-limit problems in the test, giving you a major advantage over those who go blindly into the test.
- Provide exact details of a comprehensive study plan for the IELTS that has been proven to give the best results in the least time, (proven by my students – thanks guys). Whether you are studying for a week or a month, you won't waste your time on useless activities.
- Show you fast and efficient methods to get through the questions you know with ease - therefore saving you time to concentrate on the more challenging questions.
- Explain how to recognise questions that "give you" the right (or wrong!) answers. You can easily get marks for some questions without knowing anything about them.
- Prepare you for “fact-traps” so you will not be seduced by an answer that “seems” right.
- Explain how to guess profitably. You may not like guessing but if time is pressing you may have to. I will show you how NOT to just take a stab in the dark, but how to decide why, and when to guess.
- Show you the best way to find the right answers in the IELTS Reading Module questions. You will no longer be confused as you try to understand what question writer was thinking, but will instead know exactly where to look, and what to look for, to choose the best answer.
- Describe how to perform word/phrase searches that will let you save more time than you thought possible. You will not have to waste your valuable time hunting through the IELTS Reading passage, but will immediately be able to find exactly what you need.
- Consider the value of hedge-words and phrases so that you will be prepared for them.
- Describe the indicators that "give away” the right answer a lot of the time. You will know which particular "signs" to look for.
- Show you exactly what to do to decide the focus of your IELTS essays – so you won't waste time scratching your head about what to write.
- Demonstrate a simple step-by-step method for writing a great essay. Following this simple, effective method will make the IELTS Task 2 Essay a piece of cake!
- Show you how to prepare for the IELTS Speaking Module and how to take control of the interview. You will be able to give perfect answers to the most difficult, or strange, questions.
- Tell you what to do if you don’t get the IELTS score you need. This is something the examinations centres WILL NEVER TELL YOU, after all, they need your test fees – it is in their (financial) interest to get you to retake.
Now, in an advertisement such as this what would normally come next should be something like: “But don’t take my word for all this, listen to what my customers have to say.” Then you would see a list of testimonials saying:
|I purchased your IELTS MAXIMUM manual, and I just wanted to let you know that I got a 9 in my test. I want to thank you again, and hope you have continued success with your publications. John L.
|My name is James. I used your IELTS study guide for seven days. The study guide made the test so easy to understand. Like you said, this manual is worth 100's of dollars. To me it’s worth 1,000's!! THANKS, James G.
But I am not going to do that. True I have had some encouraging feedback, but if you are going to buy this IELTS test manual it will not be because of some (probably fictional) testimonials. I really don’t expect anyone to believe something that I am not willing to believe. And I’m not going to waste your time with stuff and nonsense!
- And Finally:
- Many people feel that buying over the internet can sometimes be dangerous. Do you trust the person you are buying from, do you feel safe giving your valuable credit card information, and so on. Well you will not be buying this book directly from me. This IELTS guide has been written and published by me but it is only available from a well-known, and reputable, internet publishing marketplace: www.lulu.com They manage the online business, including printing, delivery, refunds and customer service, so you have peace of mind – as well as the usual protection and security of dealing with a large, reputable company.
- You even have a choice of format. You can get all this as a ring-bound book, or as an e-book for instant delivery directly to your computer. Both books are the same. However, with the e-book there is no need to wait for anything to come by mail, no shipping charges and of course you can start improving your IELTS score within minutes of receiving your order.
Click here to see the paperback book
Click here to see the e-book
When you visit either of these two sites you will see a “preview” button, click on this and you can download a sample of the contents of the book, so you can see what you are buying before you buy it.
But, before you visit my book-site, go to other sites and see the prices you will have to pay (for example, $29.95 - which is really just a polite way of saying "$30:00", isn’t it?).
After visiting these sites have a look at my e-book or paperback book, I think you will be pleasantly surprised!
Want to see a sample now, before you buy? Click here to download a preview in pdf format.
Download Adobe pdf reader here - for free
Do you need to contact the author ? Click here
Don't need this manual just yet? Then please add this page to your favourites (bookmark) for later reference.
Have a particular problem with English? See if our Clinic can help you. Only one question at a time please.
Copyright © 2013 ielts-maximum.com. All rights reserved